The Purpose of BPCC is Bringing People Closer to Christ by:
Meeting with Disciples
Jan. 16, 1944 Baywood Park Sunday School organized by American Sunday School Union (now the American Missionary Fellowship). Arthur Witt was the ASSU missionary overseeing the work, with thirty members at this first meeting.
Mar. 19, 1946 Initial 11th Street property donated by Mr. Richard Otto
Oct. 27, 1946 Construction of basement begun
Feb. 21, 1949 Baywood Park Community Church becomes the official name
Aug. 5, 1949, Rev. John DeYoung becomes the first full-time pastor
Apr. 13, 1952 First building (the present classroom wing) dedicated
Apr. 17, 1952 Baywood Park Community Church becomes incorporated
Nov. 18, 1962, Fred Hartman begins as the second pastor
Oct. 1963 Parsonage completed
Mar. 15, 1964 Kitchen and Social Hall completed
July 18, 1965, Present sanctuary completed
Apr. 20, 1969 Rev. Henry Sweeney begins as the third pastor
Jan. 16, 1994 50th anniversary of the church is celebrated.
January 2003 Completion of two-story classroom & fellowship hall addition.
In 2009, a cross was added to the steeple.